In this page, you will see the maps of places I visited in the past along with a few instructions on how to get there. Hope you find this page useful in planning for your next trip. See you on the road. (just click on the images of the map to view a larger version) - THIS PAGE IS STILL UNDERGOING CONSTRUCTION THOUGH.
1. Palaui Island in Cagayan Valley
- Palaui is located near Sta. Ana, Cagayan
- To go here one can take a Florida bus straight to Sta. Ana in Cagayan from Sampaloc of Cubao (14-15 hours) then hop a boat to Palaui (20 mins)
- Or just like what we did, we first took a bus (10 hour) from Victory Liner (Kamias) to Tuguegarao (for a side trip re: Callao Cave etc) then a van (3 hours) to Sta. Ana, Cagayan
- On the way to Tuguegarao, you can have the option of dropping by Tumauini and San Pablo to visit the two town's magnificent churches.
2. Callao Cave and Pinacanauan River at Penablanca, Cagayan.
- both is located approximately 10-15 kilometers of Tuguegarao City
- From Tuguegarao we took a trike to Penablanca, just be mindful of overcharging drivers. We ended up taking a trike for 700 pesos roundtrip (for 6 people - yeah we manage to fit ourselves inside) - cheapest we could got that time.
- 600 pesos for the boat (good for 6-8 people) on the river trip where you could witness the Circadian Flights of Over a Million Bats just before dusk.
- Pinacanauan River and Callao Cave are just beside each other.
- If you have more time, try spelunking at the more complex cave system, the Sierra Cave (requires DENR permission to explore)
3. The Church of San Matias at Tumauini, Isabela
- To go here, we took the Cubao - Tuguegarao bus and dropped by the town of Tumauini which is two hours away from Tuguegarao. From the highway you can easily walk to the San Matias Church - then board another bas or van plying to Tuguegarao.
4.San Pablo Church Ruins in Isabela
- San Pablo is the last town in Isabela before reaching Tuguegarao and almost an hour away from Tumauini.
- After Tumauini, hop into a bus heading for Tuguegarao and drop off at San Pablo. From the highway you can walk straight to the San Pablo Church Ruins.
5. Heritage Town in Vigan, Ilocos Sur
- Going to Vigan, Ilocos Sur to see the heritage town at Calle Crisologo - a UNESCO declared world heritage site is very easy. Just take any bus heading to Vigan, Laoag or Pagudpud. Get off at Vigan Town and ride a tricycle to the heritage town.
6. Hundred Islands in Alaminos, Pangasinan
- To get to Hundred Islands you can take a bus going directly to Alaminos, Pangasinan from many bus stations in Manila such as Victory Liner. From the town just take another tricycle to the port - then hop on a boat for some island hopping.
- Alaminos is 4-5 hours from Manila and an hour away from Bolinao, Pangasinan
7. Apo Reef, Occidental Mindoro
Apo Reef is a small island located 2 hours off Sablayan, in Occidental Mindoro.
- take a bus from Manila going to Batangas port
- take the ferry going to Abra de Ilog via Montenegro Lines
- from the port of Abra de Ilog, take the Dimples bus going to Sablayan
- register at the eco-tourism office
- take the 2 hour boat from Sablayan to Apo Reef
Budget: 3,000 each for a party of at least 6 persons.
8. Malapascua Island
- Malapascua can be reached in 2.5 hours coming from Cebu City
- Take the bus at the North Terminal going to Maya Port
- From Maya port take the 30 minute boat ride going to Malapascua
- fan rooms at 500 peso a night available at Bebe's inn.
9. The Heritage Town of Taal, Batangas
- Take any bus going to Lemery, Batangas from Manila
- Get off at Taal town near the Basilica de San Martin de Tours
- The historic church of Our Lady of Caysasay is also found within the area.